We're very excited to announce that it is time to register for our local herd-share. We are only offering a limited number of spots, so if you are interested make sure to register as soon as possible (link to register is below).
What makes our milk different?
- Our goats are milked outdoors (most operations milk indoor which can give the milk a “barn” flavor).
- Our goats are raised on pasture and rotated regularly to fresh pasture to regenerate soil health, provide healthy living conditions, and offer a diverse diet (we are unaware of another operation that does this— we are able to do this thanks to our mobile milking stand).
- We supplement our herd with a custom, organic, low PUFA, corn & soy free feed while on the milking stand (dairy goats require supplemental feed, and many operations use high PUFA ingredients such as soy, flax and sunflower seeds).
How it works:
Join herd-share which requires an annual registration fee.
This fee makes you a partial owner of our herd-share— meaning, these are your goats and we are milking them for you.
The annual fee is:
- 1 full share= $50 (1 gallon per week)
- 1/2 share= $25 (1/2 gallon per week)
Pick up your milk from your goats at your desired frequency and quantity. Pricing is as follows:
- 1 full share= 1 gallon of milk per week @ $99/ month
- 1/2 share= 1/2 gallon of milk per week @ $50/ month
Milk will be packaged in 1/2 glass jars. Each jar requires a $5 deposit which will be refunded upon return of the jar to us.
If you are interested in more than 1 gallon per week, multiple shares can be purchased.
At your first pickup we will provide forms explaining the legality of the herd-share for you to sign. You may review these documents beforehand for your understanding and let me know if you have any questions.
Although Michigan law does not require testing raw milk, we choose to do so for peace of mind. We received our test results last week-- our milk is free of pathogens, antibiotics and pesticides. Just pure deliciousness and nutrients. We'll have a printed copy of those results for you as well and will continue to test our milk every six months.
After you register, you will receive an email from me to coordinate your recurring pickup day and time. I will be happy to show you around and introduce you to the goats when you pick up your first share.